Thursday, January 11, 2007

Quartzsite - Jan 6th to 10th



You would think we were really busy with the gap in my blog postings! You will begin to understand the “busy” concept of retired full timers as our adventure continues.
Sat 1/6
Good breakfast - eggs cooked to order, pancakes, sausage patties, juice, milk & coffee for $2.50 each. Not many others in the laundry room so whipped through 4 loads in about 1 ½ hours. Cleaned the truck and part of the second side of the 5th wheel with the new waterless cleaner. Time to knock off work and wander through some more vendor tents.
Sun 1/7
Finished cleaning the 5th wheel. Played Sequence with Harold & Joann (Joann- please excuse the misspelling in an earlier post). Note to Bill & Georgia - we almost played to a tie but the guys just wouldn’t win another game!
Mon 1/8
Made a trip to Blythe with Ken & Jo to do some shopping. Jo was looking for a lighted “palm tree” for their son’s hot tub but no luck. Blythe is about 20 miles away in California on highway I10 - not a very large town. Gas is much more expensive in California. We browsed through another vendor area and bought golf clubs (2) and tees to play desert golf.
We received our forwarded mail and had another surprise from Homeland Security. Turns out I had an appointment in Spokane on 12/22/06. The notice said if I missed the appointment that my case was considered abandoned. So I spent time going through the wonderful menu system on their 800 number and am not much smarter now than before I called. The person I spoke to said I could show up on any Wednesday in Spokane with the appointment letter to complete the processing. However, she did not know
how much time I had to do this. I have not had the heart to call again but must do so tomorrow and see if I can speak with a supervisor with more information. I signed up on the internet to receive email notification of any activity on my case but there was nothing about this meeting. Gotta love our government!!
Tues 1/9
Tried out the “golf course”. One club each - a 9 iron for Terry and a 7 iron for me. Hay bales and a yardage sign mark the tee boxes. The flags are in a circle drawn in the ground and have about an eight inch “hole” around the pole. If you hit into the hole, you get to take a stroke off your score. To finish the hole, you just have to hit into the circle (“green”). You tee up every shot on a tee that sits on top of the ground since you cannot put a tee IN the ground. There were a lot of cars when we got to the course. When we finished the ninth hole, there was a group of 5 on the 10th hole so we decided to quit. The holes we played are all par 2 or 3. It is free so it is not like we spent money for unused green fees. It was fun and we will do it again.
Jo and I went to get haircuts in the afternoon. It is so hard for me to tell a hairdresser what I want done when I went to the same hairdresser in Spokane for 25 years. I am still growing out my perm which produces some frizzy ends - I am pleased with the haircut that I got.
Wed 1/10
It was cloudy this morning and did not look like a nice day was in store so we called Harold and Joann who had moved to Brenda to see if they were going to be around so we could drop in. They weren’t busy so we went there and learned to play Mexican Train Dominoes. Broke for lunch at a little café by the RV park, played more dominoes and then went for a long walk to explore their park and surrounding desert. There was also a desert golf course there but with longer holes.
When we got back, Terry stopped by one of our neighbors to talk about a satellite TV system. I think we are going to buy it and have the guy help us hook it all up tomorrow.

No comments: