Saturday, April 07, 2007

April 4 to 7 - Mesa / Spokane


April 4th - remainder of Wed
Here we go again with plans that don’t work out! We did not run into much traffic on the way to the airport so go there earlier than we thought we would. Parking at the airport is a mess and very expensive so I told Terry to just drop me off and we could each get something for dinner. When I got into the airport, my flight was ½ hour late - delayed in Denver for mechanical work. Later, it was reported as 50 minutes late which turned out to be pretty accurate. Landed in Spokane just after 11pm. GOOD friend Bill picked me up and dropped me off at EllaMae’s where I spent the night.


April 5th - Thurs - Spokane
SUCCESS!!! At 1:35 I finally was called for my 1:00 pm appointment, had fingerprints and picture done and a sticker put on my old green card to use until the new one reaches me in the mail. Took less than 10 minutes!
I spent the rest of the afternoon visiting friends and looking after some banking items. Had a good dinner with EllaMae and Don, did a bit of gardening (the weather was lovely) and got to bed early. Drove by our old house - looks pretty much the same, didn’t feel the least bit like I wish I was still there. Terry put his time alone to good use by cleaning the truck & 5th wheel.


April 6th - Friday
Poor Don - my flight left at 5:00 am so he had to get up at 3 to get me to the airport. No delays going back via Salt Lake City. After Terry & I stopped for breakfast, we hit another “swap meet”. I think of a swap meet being somewhere with used items but this is another one where money is “swapped” for all kinds of new items. Huge place, all under cover so it is bearable even in hotter weather like today. Terry got a California duster with an extension handle so he can keep the 5th wheel as clean as he keeps the truck.
We sat around our “buddy burner fire” with our neighbors later in the evening.


April 7th - Sat - Mesa
We took our neighbors (Barry & Yvonne) to the swap meet this morning. We were happy that we went fairly early as it started getting pretty busy by 11. I got a couple of kitchen items and our friends got several things. After we stopped for breakfast we came back to the park and Yvonne & I went to do laundry. We decided that instead of sitting in the laundry room we could wait in the pool. So we came back for our swim suits and the guys joined us in the pool. Makes laundry a much nicer chore!
Tried to make a reservation at a park in Prescott for a couple of days but there was no answer. Barry & Yvonne have a reservation so we are going there as well and hope there is a spot for us.

No comments: