Wednesday, March 05, 2008

March 2nd to 4th - San Carlos

Mar 2nd - Sun - San Carlos
The cupboards were a little bare this morning so Terry & I did some grocery shopping so I could make a nice breakfast. The weather has gotten lovely even though we had to put up our awning because of some big wind gusts. We haven’t taken the time to lay by the pool. The pool is not heated so I imagine it needs a few more hot days to be comfortable.
We were invited to a pot luck dinner at the lot today. I have a great recipe for a potato casserole (Kathy’s recipe and Terry’s favorite) which takes frozen shredded hash browns. These are impossible to find here (and in Canada) so Pat & I partially cooked and then shredded potatoes. What a sticky, starchy mess - but the casserole was a hit. The wind continued in the evening so we couldn’t have a campfire and we all left just after 7. It worked out OK as I wanted to catch Oprah’s much-advertised “Big Give” on TV.

Mar 3rd - Mon - San Carlos
Our time here is getting short - we are leaving on the 11th - so we are planning what we want to do and see before we leave. Rick, Pat & I all still have dentist appointments so we have to fit things around them.
We all went golfing this afternoon and Cathy joined us. Pat & I had good games - Pat got a par on a par 5 hole which is excellent. I got 52 and Pat got 55.
We joined some neighbors for a drink before going our separate ways for dinner. We are trying to use up groceries that we can’t take back into the U.S. so have to be creative with meals.

Mar 4th - Tues - San Carlos
Since Pat & I did pretty well at golf yesterday, we figured we should go again today. We just have a few prepaid golf tickets to use up now. Val & Claude ended up wanting to go again as well so Terry & Claude played together and Pat, Val & I followed them. Rick was at the dentist for a cleaning and hopefully his last appointment. Pat & I both ended up with the same scores as yesterday!
Today is Val’s birthday so they, Rick & Pat and we went for dinner at the Fiesta. The price of the chateaubriand has gone up and possibly the drink prices as well but it was still a great dinner. Claude & Val came to our rig afterwards to talk and share a very good tequila/almond liqueur with us.

No comments: