Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Mar 31st to Apr 2nd - Hemet

Mar 31st - Mon - Hemet
As my “loyal readers” will know, I caught up on our blog this morning before Terry & I left for Ontario which is about 60 miles from here. We needed to buy a carry-on size suitcase and Yvonne told us about a large mall near the airport. So we found the mall, purchased a carry-on and had lunch in the food court. The mall (Ontario Mills) is huge with a lot of outlet versions of well known stores so we wandered through the rest of it after lunch and then I dropped Terry off at the airport with lots of time to spare.
I have not driven the truck much since we started traveling so it was a bit different driving 60 miles on unfamiliar roads. Luckily I could stay on I-10 nearly all the way so just had to worry about traffic and not turns. I spoke with Terry after I got back and he heard that his mom got to have a shower today so that sounds like good news.
I did a little grocery shopping before Barry & Yvonne picked me up to go to dinner at one of their favorite little restaurants. We sat and chatted after eating and I got back in time for “Dancing with the Stars”.

Apr 1st - Tues - Hemet
Where does the time go?!
After a nice long phone chat with Marg (sister), I had a lazy morning doing email, chores around the rig and giving Dolly a bath and a haircut. Barry & Yvonne picked me up at 1:30 for golf. We played at a short, pretty 9 hole course. The weather was cool in the morning but warmed up perfectly for a long pants golf game.
Got back to the rig about 3:30 and very shortly after started working on my pictures to get captions on them and get them posted to the internet. The internet access here has not been very fast and I had a heck of a time sending all the pictures. I ended up moving the computer all over the 5th wheel and finally found a spot on the bedroom dresser where the pictures would load. I finally finished posting the pictures just after 7:00.
Terry’s Mom is improving. I guess having all the “kids” there was a bit of a shock to her - like they all knew something about her health that she didn’t - and she had a rapid heart rate episode. But that was controlled and they went back to see her before some other tests had to be done.

Apr 2nd - Wed - Hemet
More email and puttering around before going to JoAnne Fabrics and Albertsons. I got some vinyl for a new tablecloth and groceries for dinner tonight. I have invited Barry & Yvonne for dinner.
The afternoon was taken up with final trimming on the dog, more email, messing with the new tablecloth and dinner prep. My company arrived at 5 and left just before 9 after a good dinner and some TV watching.
Terry’s Mom started some physiotherapy today and should be moved to rehab on Friday or Saturday. As if she did not have enough problems with her strokes, the hospital lost her dentures! Small comfort that the hospital will pay for new ones - the ones she had fit so well and looked so good that you didn’t even know she wore dentures.

No comments: