Friday, January 09, 2009

Jan 6th to 8th - Thonotosassa

Jan 6th - Tues - Thonotosassa
Terry went for a walk and a bike ride around the park while I was in the water exercise class. Then lunch and a bike ride around a park across the road and down the road a ways to see what was there - nothing much!
Our down comforter badly needed washing so we went to a laundromat next to WalMart for a large washer and dryer. Picked up a couple of items at WalMart while we waited and then a quick stop at the nearby Publix (grocery store) for some shish kabob ingredients for the barbeque.
I also had to wash sheets but didn’t take them to the laundromat as I thought it would be more expensive than the park laundry which is $1.00 per load. I was wrong (same price) and we still had to go to the park laundry when we got back. Terry fell in the pool while I passed the time with a book.
Billy & Lauri were outside playing cards when we passed by and invited us to join them. So we learned how to play 31 (often played in RV parks) which was fun. After dinner, Terry talked to Don (step-Dad) to see how they were coping with all the snow. Spokane has had 77 inches of snow this season but it was raining today so some was disappearing.

Jan 7th - Wed - Thonotosassa
The water exercise class completed just before a rain storm hit today. Florida needs rain desperately so it was a good thing. It didn’t last very long which meant I didn’t get through organizing and putting captions on my pictures - but I did get a start on it!
Later in the afternoon Billy & Lauri went with us to find Costco and a Super WalMart in Brandon which is just south of here. Easy access off a freeway which is great for these two important stores.
After we all put purchases away, we played 31 again and swapped quarters around to end up with each couple back to even. Into the rig for dinner and to close up all windows against the cooler weather.

Jan 8th - Thurs - Thonotosassa
Still cool enough to keep some people from the pool exercises - but not us hardy north-westerners. We finally got out the ladder to clean windows today. Outside is easy with Terry moving the ladder and me washing the windows. I bought some cloths for window washing at a flea market. You use only water and they work great. They are also absolutely wonderful to clean my black stove top with no streaks. Cleaning the windows inside is another story as screens have to be removed and cleaned and the tracks have to be washed. Good thing no one else was around as I would have been embarrassed by how dirty some tracks were.
Billy & Lauri and we went to play bingo this evening. They play with hard cards & markers rather than flimsies & daubers. It is a whole new experience - in fact I missed a bingo on the first early game as I couldn’t keep up with 9 cards! So Terry & I both went down to 6 cards and I won the third early game. Bingo is much less expensive here than at the last park but we are not loving playing with markers. Luckily the early games paid more than the regular games so we actually came out a few dollars ahead.

No comments: