Saturday, February 27, 2010

Feb 24th to 26th - Desert Hot Springs

Feb 24th – Wed – Desert Hot Springs
We played golf with Cliff & Pauline today. I don’t know what happened to my good golf game of a few days ago!! Oh well, another good game might have affected my handicap and then I would have to play well all the time!
We joined Cliff & Pauline for a couple of beers after our game. We sat out for about 15 minutes before the wind picked up and sent us inside.

Feb 25th – Thurs – Desert Hot Springs
Terry took the truck in this morning but the parts were not in yet so he brought it back. I did more cleaning and some dinner prep before going to line dancing lessons. Terry did not get back in time to go dancing.
I needed a new baking dish and a couple of grocery items so we went to Desert Hot Springs (closest shopping) and picked them up.
We had time to relax & read outside before friends Bob & Sue arrived for dinner. They will be making buddy burners for their kids/grandkids! They are leaving for home (Bellevue WA) tomorrow so we did not have a late evening.

Feb 26th – Fri – Desert Hot Springs
We played in the golf scramble (best ball) today. I had a lot of fun and it was even better when my foursome won. We ended up 1 under and of course our average handicap helped. Terry played in the group ahead of me and had some excellent drives which led his teammates to doubt his high handicap – but they didn’t see some of his wild shots.
We had macaroni & cheese with tossed salad for lunch. Then someone had a birthday so we all got to share her huge birthday cake.
Gilbert & Grace had an afternoon tee time and asked us to join them for another round. Neither one of us did very well. Terry had used all his great drives in the morning and I did not have teammates to bail me out of bad shots. But it was fun as usual.
We came back for a short rest and leftovers for dinner and then went to a Line Dance dance. Not very many people showed up but the dance floor is small even including a carpeted area next to it so we filled the floor. There were only a few men. Terry was a good sport and danced (or tried to learn) every dance.

No comments: