Saturday, June 12, 2010

June 9th to 11th - 100 Mile House

June 9th – Wed – 100 Mile House
Aunt Jessie & Ed made it out of the slightly muddy yard just after 10. There were rain showers all day so we all lazed around. We finally finished “the jigsaw puzzle from hell”, played many computer games, read books, did crosswords and caught up on email.
I have not whined about being sick lately but I still have my nasty cold. I do feel that I am getting slightly better.
Marg, Pat & I were going to play golf this evening but it was just too cold and rain was still threatening. So we took a break from cooking and ordered pizza.

June 10th – Thurs – 100 Mile House
Each time I heard it raining last night I thought about Rick having to pull his 5th wheel out this morning. Marg had to answer phones at the Women’s Center for a couple of hours and the rest of us hung around playing computer games and reading.
At a break in the rain, Rick hooked up and got to the gravel drive without spinning in the mud. Rick & Pat left at 11:45 for an appointment for a slide adjustment at the RV dealer in 100 Mile.
After lunch, Marg went to a nursery for some tomato plants while we watched the rain – very exciting! I normally don’t play computer games but I kind of got hooked on Peggles. We threw away the ugly jigsaw puzzle that we finally finished and started another one.

June 11th – Fri – 100 Mile House
The sun finally came out today but we still didn’t get much done. Marg & I tried to unclog a rain gutter with only moderate success. I was a whole lot nervous about Marg walking on a metal roof that got wet from water collected in the gutter. My cold seemed to regress a bit so I wasn’t feeling up to doing much.
I joined Marg later in the afternoon to run some errands – recycling, feed store, nurseries, hardware store, pharmacy and car wash. Marg worked in the garden while I made dinner and then it was puzzles, TV & computer games for the evening.

No comments: