Friday, October 29, 2010

Oct 27th to 29th - Mesa

Oct 27th – Wed – Mesa
Gym & water exercises this morning followed by coffee & reading before making breakfast. This is getting to be a nice routine with Terry hooked on Jewel Quest on the computer.
We went for a walk to pick up our utility bill at the post office and then to the office to pay it. We detoured past the puzzle room and both worked on puzzles for a bit. I stayed there while Terry went back and did some research on the computer. He picked me up and we tried to find a shop to get a bed liner sprayed in our truck. It appears as if he found another business that no longer exists in the spot shown on the internet. We stopped at Camping World but there was no one there to talk to about getting a satellite on our rig.
We wanted something to eat but not a lot so used a “2 for 1” coupon and had ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery. It is good ice cream but too expensive for me to enjoy normally!
We had a quiet evening by ourselves for a change.

Oct 28th – Thurs – Mesa
We went for coffee & doughnuts in the ballroom this morning and listened to all the news. I picked up a new book at the library on the way back. Then we went to a huge rummage sale at a church where we ran into Billy, Lauri & Julie. We were all looking for items to put together Halloween costumes for the “Hillbilly Halloween” dance on Saturday and did pretty good. Terry & I went for lunch on the way home. I am going to get my food handlers’ card so I can volunteer for things if I want too so we picked up a study guide at the office and I started to read it & do the practice questions.
At 3, Terry & I went to the courtyard to listen to a singer who was not very good. We sat with our neighbors Larry & Norma. I started dinner when we got back and Terry found the 2nd game of the World Series on the outside TV. Larry & Norma were outside eating dinner so we asked them over to watch the game. We lit our buddy burner and had a good time – too bad the game was so lopsided. I finished going through my study guide after the game finished.

Oct 29th – Fri – Mesa
I skipped water aerobics this morning (but not the gym) to take my food handlers’ test. It took us much longer to find the place where the testing was taking place than it took me to successfully complete the short test.
We found a shop that does bed liners and Terry made an appointment to get the truck done next week. We did not have time to get it done when we bought the truck. We also stopped at a grocery store. While I was putting groceries away and making breakfast, Terry tried on his Halloween costume and then set up my sewing machine. I shortened swim shorts for Terry and then we went to Neil & Robin’s to see if Robin wanted me to do some sewing for her. On the way back, we stopped at Lauri’s to get her Halloween dress that I will be altering. Terry went to Costco with Billy and I was just finishing sewing some lace on Lauri’s dress when Robin came over & the guys returned. I sewed some trim on Robin’s Olive Oyl skirt and then finished a bit more on Lauri’s dress.
Robin asked if I wanted to go with her to return a couple of items at Target and try to figure out what to use to make Popeye’s (Neil’s) muscular forearms. So I took off for a bit while Terry got his game fix in on the computer.
We had been invited to dinner at Billy & Lauri’s and Larry & Julie were already there when I returned. So I went home to get Terry and our happy hour bag. We had a good dinner and a lot of laughs as usual. Billy’s trip to Costco was to get a pumpkin pie for dessert (which I am storing in our fridge) but we were all too full to eat it!

No comments: