Saturday, December 08, 2012

Dec 5th to 7th - Mesa

Dec 5th – Wed – Mesa
We took advantage of a slack day to go shopping.  Terry saw a pair of shorts when we were shopping on Sunday but they didn’t have the shirt to go with them in the right size.  So we found another IZOD outlet store closer to us in Mesa where he found the shorts and a couple of shirts.  We continued walking around the small mall and I got a pair of shorts and 2 pairs of pants since the weather is cooling off a bit.  We stopped for lunch before coming back.
We went to the library to get rid of some books and make room for ones that other people gave me.  I started working on a jigsaw puzzle and Terry went to see who was playing in the courtyard.  He wasn’t interested in staying so he went home.  When I started walking back, Terry was coming to get me as we were going to dinner at Bob & Sandi’s at 4.
Before dinner, we and Sandi went and looked at a couple of nearby park models that are having Arizona rooms constructed.  Two of the park models are built without living rooms with the intention that the AZ room will provide the living room.  That leaves a lot of room for a kitchen & dining area and makes for a very comfortable home.  One unit is on a corner and has a golf cart garage in the side of the AZ room.
We had a lovely evening with drinks and dinner outside and then we moved in when it cooled off to continue the gabfest. 

Dec 6th – Thurs
Terry picked up Ernie, Chris & Bruce to go golfing this morning so I went to the weekly coffee & doughnuts meeting.  Not too much news.  After the short meeting, I walked to Julie’s to see if everything was set for the Christmas parade this evening.  I helped tweak a couple of items on the golf cart and then stopped to work on a jigsaw puzzle before coming back.  When I was at the meeting, Gloria needed more money on her laundry card but the office wasn’t open yet.  I gave her my keys and told her where my card was in the rig so she could get her clothes in the dryers.  She couldn’t find me after the meeting so she left a note on the door saying my keys were at her place.  I walked over to get them, came back and made some lunch.
I had picked up a map of the parade route for Bruce & Ann so I went to deliver it.  While I was chatting with Ann, the guys returned from golf & lunch.  Before we knew it, it was time to line up for the parade.  I went to Julie’s while Terry got a group together to watch the parade from an empty site at the end of our street.  Julie had to make a stop at our place so I could change into black jeans to match her & Judi!  Sometime I will post a picture of us in our elf vests & hats!
The parade started at 5:00, wound around the park and ended in front of the clubhouse.  We were the 4th entry so we joined Terry at Ernie & Dianne’s to watch the rest of the entries.  Then we lined up for dinner (chips & dip, chili, cornbread, dessert) and entertainment (a trio of cowboy singers).

Dec 7th – Fri
We rode our bikes to Julie’s to return my elf hat & vest and visited with her for a while.  We walked to fill 3 gallon jugs with water.  Next we went to Big Lots for decorations for our tiny Christmas tree and ended up with $4 worth of garland and $40 of other items!!  After a chat with Moe & Trish, I made lunch for us and then made an appetizer for later today. 
We came back from a short bike ride to find Moe & Trish and Ernie & Dianne sitting in the sun enjoying a drink so I set my oven to preheat and we joined them.  I put crispy green beans in the oven and took a timer back with me so I could finish a drink.  Then we were off to Dennis & Gloria’s for a happy hour(s) gathering to say goodbye to their son Chris.  He went golfing with their friend Craig today and they didn’t show up until quite a while after the 4 o’clock start time of happy hour.  There were quite a few people and as usual we all had a good time.  It cools off quite a bit these days so Dennis got out his propane patio heater to convince Trish to stay a while longer.  Several guys had a tough time starting it until Terry found the propane hose NOT connected to the tank and then discovered that the tank was empty.  Dennis got the tank from the BBQ and we all warmed up until we finally left at 9.

No comments: