Saturday, March 30, 2013

Mar 27th to 30th - Mesa

Mar 27th – Wed
We started out with a visit to a bank and then to KMart where I got a couple more blouses.  Next we went to Kohl’s on an unsuccessful attempt to find something to go with a pair of burgundy/purplish pants that I bought in a weak (dumb?) moment.  Then another shopping expedition to WalMart to stock up on items that we won’t have to worry about for a while once we hit the road.
After putting everything away, I made lunch and then Terry delivered some chairs to Larry & Suz for a get-together later.  Dennis & Gloria stopped by to chat for a while.  Just before 3 we went to the courtyard to listen to the Brookharts duo.  I took videos of several line dances so hopefully we can review & practice them during the summer.
We went to Dennis & Gloria’s for dinner right after the music was done at 5.  I helped Gloria make chicken thighs with Yoshida sauce which they had once at our place and loved.  When we finished eating, we all went to Larry & Suz’s and joined the party in progress which was to introduce Larry’s sister-in-law Faye to some of us in the park.
We had a scare and a bit of a wakeup call after the party.  Ron, Terri, Sue & Duane came over on Brian & Bev’s golf cart which is being stored at Ron’s right now.  When they left, Duane was standing on the back and bouncing back & forth.  When they got to Duane & Sue’s rig and turned a corner, Duane fell off and hit his head.  He was incoherent and breathing strangely so Ron called an ambulance which was here by the time we loaded up chairs and drove back.  Duane was talking but could not remember the date or day of the week which is not uncommon with us retirees!  So the ambulance attendant asked different questions.  Duane did not remember falling off the cart and had a big lump on his head so they took him to a hospital and Sue rode along.  CAT scans & x-rays showed nothing wrong so they took a cab back a few hours later as they thought none of their friends should be driving after drinking to pick them up.

Mar 28th – Thurs
Terry left early to golf with Ron, Bob & Bob.  I puttered around doing whatever I wanted (!) and then went shopping.  When I was closing the back door on the truck, I noticed that a decorative molding strip was loose on the bottom edge so I put a piece of double-sided tape underneath so it wouldn’t come off.  I had fun running around but didn’t buy much.
I was waiting for Terry to get back so we could go to lunch in the courtyard.  He finally got back about 1:30 and he had gone for lunch with Ron & Terri!  I asked why he didn’t call me and he said he didn’t want to bother me while I was shopping!  So I made my own lunch.
We went to listen to music in the courtyard and did some line dances.  Lovely weather.  We had a light, early dinner and then Pender & Donna picked us up to go to a dance at Sun Life which is another RV resort not far away.  Richard & Nancy joined us there.  The line dancers at Sun Life do very different dances so Nancy would start something that we knew and the 4 of us did our own thing.

Mar 29th – Fri
I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then we joined a group on the street saying goodbye to Bob & Darlene.  They didn’t leave until close to 10 so we had a nice chat with everyone while we were watching them get packed up.
I showed Terry the problem with the moldings on the truck yesterday so he talked to Mike who owned a repair shop.  Mike recommended that we take the truck to an auto body shop so that is what Terry did.  Mike picked Terry up on his motorcycle so Terry didn’t have to walk the few blocks back.
We went again to the courtyard for music & dancing.  I put meat & potatoes in the crockpot and asked Ron & Terri to join us for dinner.  We barely finished when people started arriving for another impromptu gathering.  We had stored some chairs at Dennis & Gloria’s so Terry took the dining chairs out of our rig.  I think we ended up with about 15 people and finally shut it down about 10.

Mar 30th – Sat
We are leaving tomorrow so Terry got up early and started packing up.  We had a lot done by the time we had to pick up Dennis & Gloria to go for breakfast at Mickey D’s in Apache Junction.  We stopped at JoAnne Fabrics on the way back so I could get some thread.
I did laundry while Terry continued with getting everything ready to get on the road again.  We went to the courtyard at 1 for music that was OK but not suitable for dancing.  I left when it finished shortly after 3 and did some cleaning & dinner prep.  Terry came back at 4 which is when Cleo & Roger stopped to have a drink and say goodbye.  Larry & Julie arrived shortly after.  Just as we were about to eat when everyone left, Sue came over and said some people were getting together at their place so we ate and joined them.
There were quite a few people arriving & leaving and as usual we were the last to leave.   We had just got back when Richard & Nancy came back from getting a cell phone repaired and stopped to say goodbye.  I made 3-2-1 cake for all of us and we ended up chatting for over an hour.

No comments: