Wednesday, June 05, 2013

June 4th & 5th - 100 Mile House

June 4th- Tues
Marg & Aunt Jessie were eating breakfast by the time we got in this morning as I had done a couple of extras with the chores.  Marg was a bit early as she had a meeting at 9:30 and had to run errands first.  Aunt Jessie started a batch of bread – yum!
Terry & I hooked up the new trailer and loaded junk to take to the dump.  There was a concrete sink that was so heavy that Terry had to break it up with a sledge hammer.  Marg had OK’d some items and on others I made the decision.  But we got to the point where Marg had to say aye or nay so we left it until she returned.  Terry moved Marg’s motor home from the barn to the front of the house so it could be cleaned for Thursday when we are all leaving for Pemberton.  I washed sheets, Aunt Jessie wiped everything & cleaned windows and I vacuumed.
When Marg got back, we had a short window of time before she had to go get a haircut so she helped us load up a bunch more excess “treasures”.
Terry & I took the load to the dump while Aunt Jessie got the cabbage rolls in the over and Marg got her haircut.  We stopped on the way back to return a borrowed license plate to Quille’s trailer since Marg picked up the plate for the new trailer.  Marg & I sorted through a desk that was Dad’s and is going back to Pemberton and then went through a dresser that also had Dad’s stuff with decisions to be made.
We were just finishing dinner when Francis & Nicole stopped by for a chat.  I don’t quite know how Nicole ended up doing dishes but I wasn’t going to complain!  Marg & I worked on spreadsheets for her taxes and we didn’t finish until after 11. 

June 5th – Wed
Marg had a meeting & conference call this morning with a woman arriving at 10 so she cleaned off a table in the basement for all their paperwork.  I made a batch of rice krispie squares.  Terry & I took the ATV and first packed water for the lame ewe & her lamb – yes I added a small bucket and we both ended up with wet butts!  Then we took the chain saw to trim up limbs on a few trees.  BC Hydro trimmed branches that could fall on power lines but they left lower branches intact which is a really weird look and Marg thought Terry could stand on the ATV to get at higher branches.  Some branches were too high so we got the tractor and I lifted him in the bucket.  Then we found out that we did the wrong trees so we went back for a couple more.  We got the wagon, loaded up one batch of branches and dumped them by the burn pile.
By now Marg was finished with her meeting.  We finished our outside job just in time as it poured rain for about 10 minutes.  I made more squares before lunch and Aunt Jessie made date squares after lunch.  We filled the afternoon with cleaning, loading stuff in the motor home, doing the last spreadsheet for Marg, laundry, working on the jigsaw puzzle and visiting with Marg’s friends Bev & Diana.
Aunt Jessie cooked dinner again and Marg did dishes – perfect!
We are leaving for Pemberton tomorrow and I don’t know if I will have wifi available.  So no emails saying “why are you behind on your blog?”!

No comments: