Sunday, December 08, 2013

Dec 5th to 8th - Mesa

Dec 5th – Thurs
Terry went golfing and I went to coffee & doughnuts with Terri.  It was quite cool so I think I got the better deal!  At 10:30, I went with Terri, Ann and Grace to Organ Stop Pizza for their special lunch show that they offer to groups of 50 or more.  We each got a salad after we paid and then pizza was served buffet style.  There was a guest organist who was a good musician but I don’t think he included as much history & information about the pipe organ as I have heard before.
Moe needed some help hanging the drape in the motor home – it was at the cleaners – and shortly after we went to MCY which was held in the ballroom as the weather was forecast to be cool.  We did a lot of line dancing. 
We left a bit early to change clothes before Dennis & Gloria picked us up for a night at the Arizona Opry.  Dianne arranged for 24 tickets for this show and we will be going to several others before we leave in the spring.  One musician left and 2 more joined the cast so the shows always change.  A family of 5 from Spokane was also in this show.

Dec 6th – Fri
I woke with a full blown head cold this morning.  Terry took Joe & Stella to the airport at 8:30 and then went for breakfast with Moe.  I was happy when he later joined a group of motorcyclists for a ride to South Mountain and I could continue to hibernate & hydrate. 
Not too long after he got back, there was a Watering Hole (afternoon dance) and I said “goodbye, have fun” and stayed on the couch with my book.  Following the dance was music moved inside from the courtyard and Terry called to see if I wanted him to bring me something to eat.  The choices from the grill weren’t too great so I told him to have whatever he wanted and I made a sandwich for me.  And so ended an uneventful day.

Dec 7th – Sat
After a lazy morning we got enough energy to go out for some groceries so I could get some stroganoff going for dinner.  We had an early dinner so it could settle before a dance at 7.
The band – Urban Crossroads - was different from most with a young female singer who was very good.  They played more modern music but it was still very danceable.  I was quite content to sit out some dances and enjoy the music.
After the dance ended, we went to Ron & Terri’s for “coffee”.  We were joined by Bob, Duane & Sue and Bev after Brian fell asleep!  Ron said “a” coffee but offered seconds which no one turned down.  It was 12:30 when we made the long walk home – across their patio and around the front of our rig!

Dec 8th – Sun
We didn’t get up & going too early this morning!  Moe came over to chat with a cup of coffee.  It wasn’t much before noon when we went to the Little Mesa Café for breakfast and then did some shopping.
It wasn’t too cool in the sun when we returned and we ended up with a little group chatting on the street.  Then we went to Ernie & Dianne’s to check out their kitchen cabinets.  They used a 3 part paint process – base, dark color wiped off, sealer – which ended up looking like wood rather than the “pressboard painted to look like wood” that is used for older park models.  They replaced the door pulls & hinges as well.  They finished only the top cabinets so far and the contrast was amazing.
By the time we finished visiting & watching the end of a curling match, it was time to make dinner followed by another evening of TV & computer games.

No comments: