Friday, August 29, 2014

Aug 26th to 28th - Mesa

Aug 26th – Tues – Mesa
Terry put out the patio mat and set up chairs & tables so it is starting to look homey.
We put some money on the laundry card and headed to the laundry for the first of many trips this season. After the washers were all started, we stopped by for a short chat with Joe who is parked near the laundry building. We ate breakfast before I went back to put clothes in the dryers. The washer with the towels had not spun dry so I ran them through another machine and took a malfunction notice to the office. If it had been another load I would have wrung the clothes out and put them in a dryer but it was impossible to wring out the towels. Terry came by to help with folding & carrying.
We moved some stuff from the toy hauler – it is nice to have it right beside the 5th wheel – but it still takes a lot of time to get everything back in the right spots.
We went to Camping World to wander around and buy a couple of little items. We stopped at a flooring place to talk to them about replacing the carpet in the 5th wheel with solid flooring. We decided to put it off - or not do it all - as it is pretty expensive to have it installed and we don't want to tackle it ourselves.
I got a haircut at 5. I had one no-so-good haircut since we left here in the middle of April. I like the ease of longer hair with the motorcycle helmet but it is hot. So Holly trimmed up the back & sides and left the top longer but thinned out.
Terry went to KFC while I was getting my hair cut so dinner was ready when I got back.

Aug 27th – Wed
We are back to our own wifi which is really nice. I don't think I could handle the slowness of the park's wifi. I will have to monitor our usage and see if I can tell what is using so much of our 6 gigabytes.
We headed for Fry's and decided to get the truck cleaned up. We buy a book of wash tickets each year and we still had one ticket from last season. They weren't very busy so had time to do a great job. Back to Fry's (good thing we weren't on the motorcycle!) and then home to unload & put away. Leftover chicken for an easy lunch.
Now it was time to move a lot more stuff from the toy hauler. We also emptied out the big storage bay in the 5th wheel, cleaned it up and designated some stuff for a patio sale. The fifth wheel hitch was stored in there – I don't know how Terry put it in by himself! Since we were cleaning, I tackled the front storage as well. I think there was 8 year old dust & dirt in there!
Terry called the mobile RV repair guy and he said he could be here in 40 minutes. He arrived in 30 minutes and it took him about 3 minutes to start the panel repair. He had to remove it all first and them screw it back on and replace the molding.
Madeline stopped by and we had a nice visit while Terry was supervising the repair guy. Then she stayed for a drink before leaving to get ready to go to work. I put a roast in the crock pot so dinner was half done.

Aug 28th – Thurs
We attended “coffee & doughnuts” this morning. There were only 5 round tables mostly filled with people. Pat knew we were back and had a bag of books for me. She & Kay have been reading a series and passing them on to me and they completed quite a few over the summer.
We moved food from the fridge & freezer to complete emptying the toy hauler. Then we went to Total Wine and from there to Costco where we had an early lunch after shopping. We went to Garden Ridge which is now Total Home (I think) and then to WalMart for a few items – how could Terry lose his hammer?! Back home to unload & put away again.
By now it was time for a drink, computer games, dinner & TV.

No comments: