Friday, October 24, 2014

Oct 21st to 23rd - Mesa

Oct 21st – Tues
Terry went golfing with the guys and I had a lovely time puttering around doing bits & pieces of whatever I wanted – blog, light cleaning, computer games, visiting with Grace and generally relaxing. I had the use of the truck as Terry didn't drive today but I didn't even go anywhere.
Some major street “grinding & resurfacing” started today so we had to play sidewalk superintendent for a while and then check out the progress on the courtyard. We went to the pool later for a refreshing dip & chitchatting. After dinner we went to visit Howard & Gina as we still had to check out their new lights – great job – and Terry had to help them use up their Scotch since they are leaving on the 27th!
Oct 22nd – Wed
We had coffee and watched asphalt trucks rumble by early this morning. We and Ron & Terri did some measuring for sun shades to hang on the ends of our awnings as the late afternoon sun comes right under the awnings and makes it uncomfortable to sit outside. Then Terri & I ordered the awnings which will be delivered next week.
We went to Harbor Freight for some ramps as Ron & Brian are helping Terry with a small addition to the motorcycle. More on that later. We made another grocery stop at Safeway on the way back.
I was mixing up some leftover turkey for sandwiches for a late lunch when Gloria called to say that Allan & Diane had arrived. They pull a motorcycle trailer with their motor home and it is hard to back it into their site so Terry helps them. Off he went so I enjoyed a sandwich before walking over to say hi. Allan, Terry & Dennis were enjoying a drink after getting the trailer situated (back it in with the truck then turn it around “manually” so the motorcycles can be parked inside) so I went to MCY in the ballroom by myself. Terry cleaned up and joined us shortly after.
Guilty Pleasures played enjoyable, danceable music. I finally talked Terry into having a loaded baked potato as we decided to go to Rooster's after music was done. We came home to get the truck and Patti and talked Joe & Stella into coming as well. We were going to park at the gate as usual but the asphalt crew was working there so we drove over.
There was a good mix of people there today with some excellent singers for karaoke so we had a great time. When we got back, Ron & Terri had some friends still sitting outside so of course we had to join them.

Oct 23rd – Thurs
I did some dinner prep this morning. When I was starting to whip some cream, I realized it was 11:30 which was the time of my hair appointment! I put the bowl in the fridge and power walked to the hair salon where Holly had just finished the person before me. Then it was back to the dinner prep and lunch.
I did some stuff on the computer while Terry cleaned the motorcycle and then we relaxed – again! That's what being retired is all about.
Howard & Gina came for dinner. I introduced them to a “flattened, breaded chicken” dish and to creamed peas. I thought most people had eaten creamed peas sometime in their life. As they were leaving, we had to check out Ron's motion sensor alarm. He is getting a new bike and doesn't want it to disappear like his old one.

No comments: