Sunday, January 11, 2015

Jan 8th to 10th - Mesa

Jan 8th – Thurs
I joined Terri at coffee & doughnuts this morning. Larry & Suz won a motor coach trip for 2 to Laughlin but as usual my tickets weren't drawn for anything!
After a late breakfast we went shopping – clothes at Vanity Fair & Izod and a few items at Costco which was very busy but not slow checking out as all registers were open. We were back in time for MCY with Montana Guy.
We left the courtyard a little early and went to Dennis & Gloria's along with Ron & Terri. We had bought a step stool as a little “housewarming” gift for Bruce & Ann and asked them earlier if we could come over for a drink. Bruce was sick so they said another day would be better. We didn't want to wait too long with the gift so we just delivered the stool and left.
We ended up at Dennis & Gloria's long past dinner time and Terry was not the only one feeling no pain.

Jan 9th – Fri
I bought a windbreaker at Izod which had a hood that folded into the collar. It made the collar too bulky and I figured I would not use it so I spent a lot of time picking the stitching apart, removing the hood and putting it back together. I also altered the sleeves so they wouldn't fall halfway down my hands. Picky, picky, picky!! No wonder Terry goes crazy when I try on clothes and don't buy anything. I had some blouses that gaped a bit and finally figured out a way to fasten them without using a pin every time I wore them. Unfortunately it took me a couple of tries – good thing I had time.
I turned some leftovers into a yummy lunch for a change rather than waiting for them to get cold enough to throw away. We spent time on the computer looking at possible shore excursions on our cruise.
We went to MCY with Tommy G. The singing wasn't great but we did a lot of dancing and enjoyed the sunshine. Afterward we joined a group at a big firepit area by the pool. At one point Ron & Terry made a run home for more alcohol and some chips. Dinner consisted of dessert!

Jan 10th – Sat
We left at 7:40 to golf with the Saturday group. Terry & I played with Chris & Anne. It was very cool when we teed off at 8:44 and I didn't take my jacket off until we were almost finished the first nine. Then the jacket came on & off the rest of the game as clouds moved in & out and we even had a few sprinkles. I had the best game ever at this course and was the first in our group to get a birdie which called for Chris' “birdie juice” - shots of Malibu Rum after each birdie. Luckily, Terry & Chris both got birdies! We joined 11 others for lunch at The Hub after golf.
Terry went to listen to the last hour of music in the courtyard and I continued trying on clothes and doing small alterations which in some cases I should have done a long time ago – like hemming a T-shirt that I bought in Alaska!

We sold our tickets for a dance here in the park and went to a dance at Good Life instead. A large group of line dancers from here were going to listen to North Star and have room to line dance.
We had crawled into bed and were watching TV & reading when Larry & Barb pounded on our door. They arrived today and popped into the dance to see who was there and when the dance was over came to say hi. Terry & Larry had a nightcap and we had a nice chat.

No comments: