Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Apr 26th to 28th - Mesa

Apr 26th – Sun
We went to Costco to pick up my contacts and then stopped at Walmart for groceries. Then we had a quiet, lazy day or else I can't remember what we did!
At 4 we went to Jim & Virginia's for another happy hour(s). It seems like people are leaving in great numbers but there were still 25 partyers. There was lots of food at Jim's but we didn't eat much and had dinner at home.

Apr 27th – Mon
I tried calling the passport office and got 25 people waiting, next call 16 people waiting and then 11 people waiting so I didn't stay on the line. We went to the office to ask for our meter to be read and got permission to park the toy hauler next to us so we can load it easier. We are planning to leave on Thursday.
I discovered that Terry's tablet requires music in “mp3” format rather than “wma” which is why it doesn't show/play everything that we downloaded. I put a conversion program on the laptop and converted some music but then couldn't figure out where the heck it was even when I selected a location! I really hate computers sometimes!
We took some Coke to Colleen and then rode all around the park but couldn't find anyone to harrass. It is very quiet here.

Apr 28th – Tues
We got going fairly early and moved the toy hauler to the site next to us so we could start loading it up later.
We went to the DMV for my motorcycle skills test. The line moved fast and I didn't have time to finish filling out the form before they called me for my picture and then to be processed. Then shortly before 11 we were told that the driving test was scheduled for noon. We went to Carl Jr for a bite to eat and decided we had time to come back so I could call on my passport.
More bad news! My second picture was rejected because the facial recognition program could not process enough points due to shadows. I was already nervous about my test ride and now I was really wound up! Back at the DMV I had to wait until 12:30 and then, after the first part of the test, the tester realized that he had been given the 2-wheel test and had to walk back in to get the correct one while I waited some more. At least I could drive into some shade! As a lot of people know from FB, I did pass the test but at this DMV the license is mailed rather than processed immediately. Then it was on to Costco for another passport picture and then to the post office to mail it.
When we picked up the toy hauler, a check engine light came on in the truck again so Terry took it to the Chev dealer that fixed it last time. He had to leave it and got a ride back from their courtesy shuttle.
Now we got to work on moving stuff into the toy hauler but first I had to tape all the non slip shelf liners using the super sticky double sided tape that Joe introduced us to earlier this year. I didn't remember moving so much “stuff” last year and I have no idea where I stored some of it!
The Chev dealer called to say the truck was ready so we took the bike to pick it up and I got some practice riding it back. A sensor for the exhaust system had to be replaced AGAIN and was still under an extended warranty from last time.
We made a drink and went to see Bruce & Ann who were at the pool. We chatted with them a bit and then went back to their place so they could have a drink while we continued our visit. Home, dinner, bed.

No comments: