Wednesday, February 21, 2007

QZ - Feb 18th - 21st

WARNING - things are quiet and not too exciting right now!!!

Feb 18, Sunday
We spent some time at the coin hunt area in the park to see if the “hunters” missed any coins. Got 25 cents for our time!
Quartzsite is getting emptier of vendors every day. The RV park that we are in still has a lot of RVs but some others are quite empty. What a change from a month ago. We are challenged to find things to do now. Pinochle is a welcome diversion - even if I did get the low score of the evening!

Feb 19, Monday
Woke to rainy and very windy weather today. We sat and watched TV for a while and then decided we needed to go somewhere so we ended up at Parker again. Once again, I won some money and Terry did not. I wish he would snap out of this spell of bad luck! It was still very windy when we got back so we hibernated in the rig and watched the first show of Amazing Race.

Feb 20, Tuesday
We are still in the waiting mode - waiting for the notice from Homeland Security with an appointment date in Phoenix. It is hard to plan anything and kind of drags us down. Today is two weeks since I spoke with the office in Spokane - seems like longer!
I decided that I better start walking before I cannot button my jeans so went for a brisk walk this morning.
The weather was lovely all day so it was a good day to be lazy.

Feb 21, Wednesday
Don’t know how four days go by without posting to my blog! Seems like I just did it.
Another sunny, warm day. I went for a walk again this morning. As I was coming back into the park, a group of women that walk each morning were just rounding the corner and invited me to join them. So I walked a bit more with them. Passed on the coffee and gossip after the walk as Terry would have been wondering where I was when he didn’t see the walkers pass by again.
We had to go “dumpster diving” this afternoon! We received our mail yesterday and Terry accidentally tossed a tax document into the garbage which we took to the garbage trailer this morning. Luckily, he went through the rest of the mail later and realized it was missing. So he actually had to jump into the trailer and find our bag. We did retrieve the document.
Clem & Marlene came by for a chat and we made plans to go to Oatman with them tomorrow.

No comments: