Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Feb 3rd to 5th - San Carlos

Feb 3rd - Sun - San Carlos
We are planning on a Copper Canyon trip later this month. Have reservations for the 21st & 22nd in Creel so will leave here on the 20th. Better watch my step until then!!
Pretty much hung around the park today. Rick, Pat & Terry deserted me and played golf this afternoon. I baked brownies, visited with a neighbor (Diane) and kept my foot up. It is really improving.
Rick & I lost at Canasta tonight. Missed seeing the victory dance!

Feb 4th - Mon - San Carlos
We did a bit of grocery shopping and had a late breakfast at Barracuda Bob’s while Rick & Pat went kayaking and beachcombing. It was pretty breezy so I was happy that I was not in a kayak.
Bill & Geri are leaving on Wednesday so we had a farewell dinner for them. The lot residents (except Craig who was sick) and another couple next to Bill & Geri joined us so there were 13 for hamburgers and assorted other good food. It had been sunny all day but ugly clouds started moving in about 5:30 and everyone took cover from the cool breeze by 7.
Took a break from Canasta and watched TV.

Feb 5th - Tues - San Carlos
We went exploring around San Carlos in the truck with Rick & Pat this morning. There are some really big houses, often right next to not so nice dwellings. We drove though a development where all places had to have an RV as a “starter”. It was interesting to see how the RVs were covered & disguised. We stopped at Jax Snax in town for chimichangas for lunch.
Rick, Pat & Terry went golfing while I took Dolly to visit at “the lot”. All the lot residents are going to look after Dolly when we go to the Copper Canyon so I figured I would try to get her accustomed to the people and the 2 resident dogs - Andie the boxer and Ruby the black lab. I spent a bit of time working on an impossible jigsaw puzzle that is set up in a screen tent at the lot. I like to be able to put in a few puzzle pieces once in a while to keep interested.
Had a drink with Rick & Pat and then went our separate ways for dinner and the rest of the evening.
I was a bit discouraged with my foot today. Each day I have noticed an improvement but not today. Might have to sit around more tomorrow with my foot up.

No comments: