Thursday, July 23, 2009

July 20th to 23rd - 100 Mile House

July 20th- Mon - 100 Mile House
We went back to the final clean up of debris where we “logged” behind the house when we first got here. We figured a couple of loads would do it but 5 loads later we said it was OK. Then we picked up 2 more loads in another area near the house before going in for lunch.
Marg talked to brother Doug last night and he figures that he & brother Bob could fix the motor home wheel well when we visit at the end of the week so we spent nearly 2 hours cleaning up all the dust and sealing the hole inside with duct tape. Marg took the opportunity to do some reorganizing and decluttering as well.
Then we all cleaned up and went to play golf. Dad rode along in a cart and nearly had to take off his shoes to add up our ugly scores! We had great schnitzel dinners at a local restaurant and were home shortly before 7. When Marg & I did chores, she got a chance to pet and play with a kitten that I have been trying to tame. Marg has an old neutered male cat that is very old so she would like another that is quiet enough to pet and come up to the house - but not in the house. We named the kitten TaG.

July 21st - Tues - 100 Mile House
Marg & I ran the sheep through pens to count, give worming medication and separate the rams. Terry took the 5th wheel into town to dump the black water tank and to run it and the truck through the car wash. We ordered 2 chairs which are waiting for us in Spokane so we took out our existing chairs to leave them here for Aunt Jessie to pick up.
Friends Al & Cecile stopped by to check out the new bathroom and storage shed. They had a look at the new, unused wood splitter and Marg decided it was a good time to hook it to the tractor and try it out. Didn’t take long to get it hooked up and split a small stack of rounds. It moves a lot slower than her old splitter but will be just right for Marg & Dad to handle.
It was too hot to work outside so I started some sewing projects while Terry & Dad beat the heat with a cool drink on the porch. Aunt Jessie gave Marg a sweatshirt that was way too long so I remodeled it and took 8 inches of the sleeves and 6 inches off the length. Should have bought a new sweatshirt! Had the right color thread in the machine so shortened a tee shirt for me.
After dinner Terry, Marg & I went to Nicole & Francis’ so I could help Nicole on her computer. She has a dial up internet connection which of course is slow but she thought maybe there were other problems like a lack of disk space. We gave her a lesson on downloading pictures from her camera and backing up files. Didn’t get back until shortly before 11.

July 22nd - Wed - 100 Mile House
We got out early for some more “logging” to try to beat the heat - it didn’t work! Very hot. We cleared a trail that Marg uses for cross country skiing as well as being a route for the ATVs across the farm. We cut down several trees that the ice storm caused to bend across the fences. We used the tractor to support the trees as they were being cut so they didn’t take down the fence and then piled the branches & wood.
Marg & I went golfing with the weekly ladies group this afternoon. Marg had one of her best games - and I didn’t! We are going to Pemberton to visit my brother Bob on Friday so we went grocery shopping when we finished our round of golf. We are one of the earliest groups to tee off so there is a long time to wait for prizes & drawings if we have dinner right after golf.
When we got home, I worked with Marg on her computer - spreadsheets and Picasa.

July 23rd - Thurs - 100 Mile House
After getting laundry sorted and the first of 4 loads going, Marg & I installed a couple of pieces of molding to complete the basement ceiling repair. Dad ended up with the lovely job of washing out 3 paint brushes that have been stored in plastic wrap to use another day. Terry helped me cut out & sew a quilt cover for an OLD wool quilt of Marg’s that was made by my grandmother. Then we discovered that a lot of the stitching was broken and the wool was bunching up in places. So I had to redo a lot of the hand stitching. Terry remembered that our wool quilt had a big wad of wool in one corner so it was taken apart and repaired next. Marg even carded some of the wool to restore some loft. Then a lot more hand stitching with Marg’s help.
After lunch we cut & washed a lot of lettuce from the garden as the warm weather is wilting it. Marg & Terry cut down a 2 more dead trees to end the logging projects. Put a bunch of stuff away in the 5th wheel and then Marg & I went to town. We dropped Sage (Marg’s dog) off to stay with friend. Sage is a great traveler and well behaved but my brother Bob has a young dog, my nephew has a dog and my brother Doug will probably bring a dog so it is best to leave Sage with the sitter. We did more grocery shopping and a couple of other errands. Arrived home in time to get dinner under way. While it was cooking, I gave Terry & Dad haircuts and Marg made Rice Krispy squares. After dinner, I sewed snaps on the quilt cover and Marg watered the garden. Phew!!
I will not have internet access for the next few days so will not be replying to emails or posting my blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct companion who uses your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://oraqevolyn.arcadepages.com/ukucorof.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin to get income with a sum that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I started take up real income.
It's all about how to select a correct companion who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the profit with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin to get income with a sum that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]