Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sept 24th to 28th - Mesa

Sept 24th – Mon – Mesa
We went to the laundry room and put 4 loads in the washers.  Then we went to the office to put more money on our laundry card and to get tickets for breakfast tomorrow.  We got the laundry done, put away and the bed made.  After watching TV and playing computer games, I made lunch.  I left Terry playing games on the computer and took some books to the library to exchange them.  On the way I went into the fitness room and ran into Tom who we knew from last year.  His wife Callie was in the pool with a group of ladies so he was passing the time by reading.  We chatted for quite a while and then I continued on.  I looked into the sports lounge where I was going to watch a movie at 2:00 and there were already people in the best seats – recliners with cup holders.  I still was going to check out the library but I passed several more people heading to the movie so I decided to join them.   There was time to chat with Del who was sitting next to me in front row recliners.
The park provided popcorn & bottled water along with the movie which was “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel”.  I saved a seat for Terry for a while but I figured correctly that he would not join me.  He went to the tire shop to check on shipping dates and then returned to his games.  I really enjoyed the movie and never did make it to the library.
We skipped the pool today and relaxed with a drink & appetizer and then dinner before watching Dancing with the Stars.  I forgot about this area receiving TV programs an hour early and we missed the first half hour of the show.

Sept 25th – Tues
We got up early enough to go for a walk this morning before it got too hot.  We checked out work being done on the Fiesta pool, looked at the tennis & pickle ball courts under construction and went past Neal & Judi’s park model to see what they did in the spring.  Later we walked over to the library to exchange the books that I carried around yesterday.  A new elevator is being installed and there were no lights in the library but I had enough light from windows to select my books.  Don’t know what the heck we did for the rest of the day except for going for a swim.
After dinner we watched the results show of DWTS.

Sept 26th – Wed
I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast today then we went shopping for a tablecloth or material to make one.  We ended up with material so I can try out my new sewing machine.
Late in the afternoon, Terry went to get water and saw Larry & Julie at the pool.  He invited them over for a drink but he wasn’t specific enough about when.  We called them and invited them for dinner as I could easily expand what I had planned.  We all watched Survivor after dinner.

Sept 27th – Thurs
We went to coffee & doughnuts this morning which ran quite long.  The activity director, Camille, is leaving so we met the new AD, Jennifer.  Terry was playing games on the computer so I went to see Robin who wasn’t home but Neil was there.  We chatted until Robin showed up and I helped them put together a topsy-turvy tomato stand.  By the time I got back, it was time to make lunch.
At 2 we went to a Whine & Cheez/meet & greet party put on by the park.  At least that is what it started out to be.  It ended up as a farewell party for Camille and was very well attended.  There was music and we ended up dancing in the aisles.  When it ended just after 4, we came back to have a “real” drink as there was only wine & beer at the party.  We had barely got settled when Julie called to say “bring drinks and an appy and meet at the pool”.
Of course we were the first ones there and had a cooling swim before the others arrived.  We ended up with quite a group – Larry & Julie, Neil & Robin, Bob & Liz, Camille and Kevin & Nancy (park managers).  We got home about 8:30, ate a couple of cookies for dinner and crashed.

Sept 28th – Fri
We had the rig packed up and at Discount Tire at 7:50 to get the new wheels & tires installed.  When the shop opened at 8:00, they put 2 guys on it with another one helping with the mounting & balancing and we were out of there at 8:35.  We went to the alignment place and dropped off the 5th wheel.  They were working on another vehicle and said they would call us by 4 at the latest.  Now we had to figure out what to do for the rest of the day.
We started with breakfast at IHOP and then went to the Marketplace to check out any new places in the last 2 rows.  We had to walk past the Dawgs shoe store first and I ended up with a new pair of slip ons that I wear all the time.  The soles on my old ones were worn smooth which makes them very slippery if there is any water on a smooth surface – like the pool deck.  They had a style with a different sole that lasts longer (I have a pair already in another color) so I was happy to find them.  That was all we ended up buying there.
Terry was determined to find me a bathing suit so we went to another Bealls store that is in Apache Junction and I did find one – yeah!!  Unfortunately for the Visa card, I also found a blouse!  We went to a couple more stores on an unsuccessful search for some stiff material to modify our sun screen.  We still hadn’t received our phone call so we stopped for ice cream at a DQ and went to the Fiesta Mall for a short while.  Terry decided we would go to the alignment place a bit early (3:30) and they had just finished  Another hit to the Visa card and we were on our way.
We set up, took time to put out the mat, chairs, tables & BBQ and then headed to the pool to cool off.  Julie had invited us to dinner so I didn’t have to worry about that.  We met Larry & Julie at the pool and also 4 new neighbors.  Brian & Bev are right across the street from us and Jamie & Lorraine are behind them on 3rd Street.  They are friends of Ron & Terri so we knew they were coming but didn’t know the exact date.  We had a great time chatting at the pool and look forward to having them around for “the season” – 5 or 6 months.
We changed out of our suits and went to Larry & Julie’s for a nice dinner.  We were pretty tired so we didn’t stay late.

No comments: