Friday, February 21, 2014

Feb 18th to 20th - Mesa

Feb 18th – Tues
Terry went golfing this morning and the laundry turned into a big job for me.  I loaded everything up and then could not find a parking spot at – or near – the laundry so I came back.  I went to get some money put on my laundry card and walked to the laundry to see if there were machines available.  The wood carvers use the old workshop which is right beside the laundry so the number of parked cars does not always indicate how busy the laundry room is.  Sure enough, there were lots of washers available and now there was a parking spot on the street.
I hurried back, parked the truck and listened to a lady who lives on the other side of the street complain to her neighbor about the nerve of people parking on her street!  I quickly got the clothes in the washers and took the truck home again.  Another walk back to the laundry to wait to put everything in dryers.  I brought back some items that I hang to dry and noticed an empty parking spot so again I took the truck over.  Finally – everything dry, loaded in the truck and put away!
Terry got home about 2:30 and had not eaten lunch so we went to the courtyard to eat & listen to music.  It was hot and I was sitting in the sun so I headed back home to get cooled off before going to line dance lessons.
Line dancing was held at the smaller Fiesta ballroom due to a Variety Show in the main ballroom.  Luckily there were not as many people as usual but a review of 3 dances and learning 2 new ones (one “energetic”) produced a lot of body heat to add to the warm room.

Feb 19th – Wed
It took me quite a while to figure out how to access my gmail.  Everything wanted to take me to Google+ which was absolutely not what I wanted.  I don’t even know how I got to my mail and cleaned up all the junk.
We actually rode our bicycles to watch playoffs for the bocce tournament.  Dennis was playing but his team lost the first game.  I made breakfast for lunch when we got back.  As I was cooking, Dianne dropped by with her 2 grandkids.  She was keeping them entertained while the guys watched Olympic hockey.  Dennis & Gloria stopped by for a visit.
Don & Susan picked us up to go to dinner at China City.  This was their first visit and we were lucky enough to attack a new batch of yummy crab legs.  Susan made Blueberry Tea before we walked home from their place.

Feb 20th – Thurs
Terry received a GPS bracket for the motorcycle and installed it with the help of Moe’s metric Allen wrenches.  Guess that is one more item now on our shopping list.  We interrupted alterations on a pair of pants to watch the end of the women’s Olympic hockey game.  Terri came over to borrow a mixer and watched the last bit as well.
I browsed through recipes and we went grocery shopping for ingredients to make appies for tomorrow.  I stayed home to make one appy and then got engrossed in a book while Terry went to the courtyard for music & dancing.
We went to the Canada Day party at 4:30.  Only Canadians may attend but only one half of a couple has to be Canadian so Terry gets to go too.  A different province organizes the party each year – this year was the Maritime provinces.  There is a parade of flags to begin along with a Mountie and a bagpiper and both national anthems.  Then we all got down to the job of having a ton of fun with the dinner, dance, door prizes & a 50/50 draw.  North Star provided the music.

No comments: