Thursday, March 13, 2014

Mar 10th to 12th - Mesa

Mar 10th – Mon
Terry left for golfing at 8:20 and I stayed in bed to read as I went to bed and woke up with a sore throat and congestion.  Ernie & Dianne stopped by for a chat and an invitation, Larry R brought his computer over so I could help him load Turbo Tax and Dennis & Gloria made a quick stop.  Reading, computer games & the blog filled the rest of my time until Terry came back about 1:30.  He went to the courtyard to have lunch but I had a smoothie and wasn’t hungry.
I went across the street at 2:00 to Brad & Clare’s to celebrate Phyllis’ birthday and Terry came after he had lunch.  I stayed in the background to I wouldn’t infect anyone and didn’t stay very long.  The party lasted until after 5 and I was sorry I had to miss all the fun - but I did get to enjoy the laughter through our open door & windows!
Ron brought over a plate of very good spaghetti for my dinner while Terry joined Ron & Terri and Bob & Darlene to eat.  I am a firm believer in taking it easy at least the first day of any sickness so I really am not being anti-social.

Mar 11th – Tues
I was pretty lazy again this morning and just puttered around.  Terry worked on wiring the GPS on the motorcycle which I interrupted with a sandwich for lunch.
We went to the courtyard to listen to Van Arlon.  Terry did some line dancing but I purposely wore “non dancing” shoes so I would just rest & relax.  I left a little early to get dinner in the oven so we could eat early before line dance lessons.
Then line dance lessons were cancelled due to a scheduling conflict.  We took the motorcycle to check if the Rancho’s patio was available but it was being used by a private party.  So we stopped to visit with Dave & Sandi.  When we got back, we walked over to see Dennis & Gloria and kept going when we saw their curtains were shut.  Rick & Vi were at Duane & Sue’s so we joined them for a while.

Mar 12th – Wed
We left at 10 with 9 other motorcycles (13 riders) for a ride to Kearny which is south of Globe.  Our leader Al took us on a great little loop first that went through desert areas and then past a lovely, unexpected golf course.  Once we went south of Hwy 60 on Hwy 177, we saw HUGE silver mines. We stopped at a bar in Kearny for lunch.  A lady at the bar took our food orders and phoned them next door to a restaurant for delivery to the bar.  It ended up taking a long time to get lunch.  We came back on Hwy 77 (with a quick stop at “Christmas” for photos) to Globe and then back on Hwy 60.  The entire ride was just under 200 miles and my butt let me know it was that long!
We made a stop at Fry’s as we were due at a party at 4 (it was now after 4) and I had to figure out what to take for food since we weren’t back early enough to make lasagna which I had planned.  We changed clothes, threw some shrimp into macaroni salad and went to Third Street for Ray & Viv’s annual party.  They host it with 2 other couples and Gloria counted 124 people attending.  They have a karaoke setup which provides music for singers all night – some better than others but all having a wonderful time.  We even did a little line dancing in the street.
I still have a cold so I left about 8:30 and Terry wasn’t too far behind.

No comments: