Monday, November 09, 2015

Nov 4th to 8th - Mesa


Nov 4th – Wed
I made breakfast before going for a haircut at 12:30. Not sure what we did for the rest of the afternoon.
At 4:00 we dried off the bike and went to Ron & Mary's for dinner. We had a lovely dinner & evening with them. Had to wipe rain off the bike again before going home but at least it wasn't still raining.

Nov 5th – Thurs
Terry played golf this morning and I went to coffee & doughnuts with Terri & Dar. Then I had some time to leisurely reorganize the cupboards & drawers in the bathroom. Love to get that sort of thing done.
I had the truck so I did some shopping as I was looking for things that might have been to much to carry in the bike. Turns out I didn't get much. When I came back just after 1:00, there was a sign saying power was out in part of the park from 1 to ? due to something being replaced.
At 3 when MCY was to start, the power was still out but when it came back on around 4 Van Arlon was there to play and we were there to dance.

Nov 6th – Fri
Ron & Terri had their concrete poured this morning so Terri asked if I would take videos of the work. It is obvious that the crew has done this before! We were a little surprised to see a woman driving the big cement truck and carrying the metal trough extensions.
We went to line dancing at Towerpoint at 10. It was cool enough that I put on long pants but was wishing I hadn't when I danced in the sun. Jean gave us another bowl of stew so we enjoyed it for lunch – yum!
We went to MCY (not the best singer) and weren't too hot sitting in the sun. Just needed shade if you were facing it directly. Ken & Susie have been wanting to see our rig but Ken had to play poker so Susie came over anyhow. Bill & Linda were out for a walk and joined us along with Larry & Julie.

Nov 7th – Sat
Golf tee times started at 9 but we were delayed by a tournament in front of us. I was put with 3 guys – Ron, Terry & Bob C. - and I had a good game with a birdie for a change. The nice thing about the birdie is that it was on a green with a really wicked hole placement on a slope and if my putt had missed I could just a easily putted a couple more times.
We all went for lunch at The Hub and we were joined by some spouses who didn't golf. The place was packed as usual on the weekend but we had a good lunch washed down by $7 pitcher of beer. Needless to say we needed a rest when we got back.
We went to a dance at 7 with music by Tory Edwards (fiddler) and his band. They are good but take a couple of long breaks. Luckily they play recorded music and we still danced during the breaks. Ralph & Elsie and Chris & Anne joined us around a buddy burner for a nightcap.

Nov 8th – Sun
We had a quiet morning and a yummy, late breakfast. We took the bike to get a few groceries and ran around a bit looking for “party picks” which we finally found back at Fry's where we had shopped first.
I had to make a couple of items for a party today. It had a Hawaiian theme so I made Spam kabobs – a cube of Spam and a pineapple chunk on the previously mentioned party picks. They looked nice on a green platter and disappeared quickly – who knew?!!
The party was held at the Rancho's pool & patio and hosted by Dennis & Gloria. A lot of the guests played in the pool first, everyone ate as much as they wanted and some people danced to music by Bruce & Duane. A super evening all around!




No comments: