Friday, November 03, 2006

Heading North instead of South


As a lot of readers of this blog already know, our retirement plans took an unexpected turn - we are in 100 Mile House, B.C. rather than heading south for a warmer climate. My sister, Marg, had knee replacement surgery on both knees on Oct 26th so we are looking after her farm and my Dad who lives with Marg. We expect to be here for 3 weeks - but we all know about plans changing!
Terry's last day at work was Friday, Oct 27th and my last day was Tuesday, Oct 31st. Terry picked me up at work on Tuesday about 2:00 pm and we headed out - without our 5th wheel. We left the 5th wheel at Terry's brother's place at Long Lake ("Spokane") rather than hauling it into the snow. We stayed overnight at Aunt Jessie's in Summerland and then continued to 100 Mile on Wed.
Yes, we are in snow now. A bit on the ground when we arrived and more added yesterday. Warmer today so a lot of thawing. My sister had a folder of notes for things that we need to do so we will keep fairly busy. Of course, there are the farm chores morning & night but they are not extensive. My Dad has a project going in the shop so I have tried my hand at welding and I can end up with a bigger hole than I was trying to fill/weld in the first place!
The picture is the first day of Terry's retirement. We were playing golf at Liberty Lake Golf Course with Mike & Mary Lightfoot.

No comments: