Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Jan 30th to Feb 1st - DHS

Jan 30th – Sun
We went to the Elks for breakfast this morning. Larry & Barb were also there with their neighbors Stan & Marilyn.
Then we were off to find some golf clubs. We went to another branch of the store that we checked out yesterday so that I could try out the clubs. Then we returned to Golfsmith where I hit some more balls with 2 different sets of clubs. Don’t know why I was so wishy-washy but I finally decided on a set. It is a complete set – woods, irons, putter, bag & head covers – so it is all nice and tidy and coordinated which Terry loves. I was leaning towards mostly hybrids but this set has the wide-bottom irons which felt really good when I tried them out. It does have a 4/5 hybrid which I am looking forward to perfecting.
It was very windy last night and still the same when we got back so we couldn’t even play a round of golf. We just relaxed, had an early dinner and Terry went to play Texas Hold’em. I had a nice chat with friends Bill & Georgia while he was gone.

Jan 31st – Mon
I did some cleaning before leaving to pick up sister Marg at the airport. We had enough time to stop at WalMart for some groceries before picking her up. Marg did not have breakfast so we stopped at Subway for lunch on the way home and then stopped to make a tee time.
We had about an hour to relax before hitting the course. Unfortunately, the wind continued so the game was not as much fun as it could have been. I think I will like my new clubs once I get comfortable with them and figure out how far I should hit with each one.
Larry & Barb joined us outside for a drink but we moved inside as a sewage pumper truck was working on our street and it was very noisy and slightly smelly. I had put a small pork roast in the crock pot so I could make dinner very quickly and easily.

Feb 1st – Tues
I played golf with the ladies’ group at 9:20 this morning so Marg & Terry had lots of time to drink coffee. They toured the park and met me at the 9th hole. It was a little early for lunch but we wanted to go shopping before our 3:30 tee time so I made Reuben sandwiches before we left.
I have been looking for lipstick and discovered today that it has been discontinued. I hate finding a new lipstick! Marg found a pair of capris and then stumbled upon a clearance rack and got 2 sweatshirts for $5.99 each. Terry dropped us off and filled up a propane tank and then joined us in the store. He is such a great host & chauffeur.
We finally decided that it was just too windy so Terry walked up and cancelled our tee time. Since we have season passes, Terry & I probably would have played but it is a shame for Marg to pay for a round and then fight the wind.
Barb came by and gave me my winnings for today – I tied for third in my flight. She also gave me a pin for my chip-in birdie.
About 4, I was making a batch of sausage balls when Moe, Trish & Lynn came by to see our 5th wheel and have a drink with us. Good timing as the sausage balls were a great snack. I made a quick dinner so I could go to the “Dress a Child” session. Terry & Marg cleaned up the dishes and soaked in a hot tub until I was done.

No comments: