Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Aug 12th to 14th - 100 Mile House

Aug 12th – Sun –100 Mile House
This morning we took down decorations from the party and did a better job of packaging leftover food. Marg moved her motor home to the front of the house to prepare for a trip tomorrow and got some laundry under way. Dad worked in the shop on a box for the front of an ATV which Marg will take with her tomorrow. We enjoyed lunch outside on the picnic table.
Marg left to run some errands and we continued being lazy! I helped Dad finish his construction project and put on the first coat of paint. I had the chores done and dinner started when Marg got back with the potatoes that we needed for dinner. We made quick work of the penicillin shot for the lamb and then finished making dinner. Marg picked the last of the strawberries from her garden to put on ice cream for dessert.

Aug 13th – Mon
After chores & breakfast, I put a second coat of paint on the ATV box. Then Terry & I went to play golf at Marmot Ridge. After 18 holes – not great golf for either of us! – we had lunch in town and came back. Marg & Toni had left not long before for their 3 day trip to Crooked Lake.
We were kind of lazy and unmotivated so we watched TV and worked/played on the computer. I finally poured a container of stain and painted a section of corral fence. This left me enough time to do chores and change before going to Francis & Nichole’s for dinner.
As usual, we had a lovely dinner. I spent time on Nichole’s computer as it is doing strange things and she is afraid it will quit. Her CD drive is not working and I forgot to take a USB thumb drive to back up some data so I will go back tomorrow to do it.
We had nice weather today with odd high clouds in the evening and a few drops of rain.

Aug 14th – Tues
After breakfast, computer stuff and phone calls we finally hooked up the wagon to the ATV to bring in firewood. We stacked 2 loads before we broke for lunch. One more load after lunch cleaned up the piles. I had left a note for Dad so he was sharpening Marg’s knives when we got back in.
I returned to the stain on the fence and ended up with one side of one board not painted on the section I hoped to finish. I was too lazy to go back to finish the one board! Terry & I went to Francis & Nichole’s so I could back up her data on a thumb drive.
HH, dinner, reading & TV filled the rest of the evening. A cool breeze came up about 7 but the day was lovely and nearly too warm to pick up wood.

No comments: