Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Jan 27th to 29th - Mesa

Jan 27th – Sun
Gloria came over later in the morning to have me copy an item on the printer.  Terry picked up Dennis to go to Total Wine as they discussed yesterday.  When I finished the printing, Gloria & I went shopping.  By now it was 11:30 so we called the guys and suggested we meet at the Five and Diner restaurant for breakfast/lunch.
Gloria & I made one stop before going to the restaurant where we arrived before the guys and put our name on the list for a table – we didn’t think about the after church lunch crowd.  The guys arrived in a downpour.  We all had good breakfasts and it was only drizzling when we left.
Gloria & I made another stop where we found what we were looking for and then went to her place to work on our project which I can’t elaborate on as it is a surprise for later.  Terry & Dennis watched TV & napped in their respective living rooms.
We went to Moe & Trish’s for happy hour and to meet Moe’s sister-in-law Theda and her husband Bob.  They are staying just down the road at Venture Out for a month.  We came home for dinner and a bit later called Larry & Suz and invited them over for dessert.  We had a nice time chatting with them and watching How It’s Made on TV.

Jan 28th – Mon
I have been having light flashes and more floaters in my left eye for some time and I had a lot of “stringy” floaters for a short time at the dance last night so I made an appointment with an ophthalmologist for this afternoon.  We otherwise had a lazy morning and I made a nice late breakfast.
The weather is getting nicer again so there are lots of little groups of people meeting & chatting on the streets. 
We went for my appointment at 2 to fill out paperwork.  I got in a little late (2:40) and ended up waiting for the doctor after the nurse did her preliminary checks and put the dilating drops in my eyes.  The doctor did not find anything to be concerned about which is great.  Even though the bill was $245(!) I am glad that I had things checked out.
We went to Moe & Trish’s for a drink before we, they and Chuck & Echo went to dinner at the Texas Roadhouse.  When we got back, we picked up a container of change and went to Chuck & Echo’s for dessert and to play the nickel card game that we learned at Dennis & Gloria’s.  This time we didn’t win so our change container was lighter when we headed home about 10.
I had double dilating drops in my eyes and they were still not back to normal when we got home!

Jan 29th – Tues
We did some clean up & organizing of “junk” this morning and determined what size containers we need to keep things neater.  About 11:30 Larry & Suz rode by on their bikes and gave us an activity calendar for next month.  They were bored so we asked if they wanted to go to Sam’s Club and Costco as we have a Costco membership and they have Sam’s Club.  They needed a short time to walk their dog and we picked them up.
We had a hot dog at Sam’s Club and shopped there.  Then we shopped at Costco and had ice cream for dessert.  We stopped at Garden Ridge which is a huge “warehousy” store that blew Larry & Suz’s minds.  We got our organizing items and were back at 4:30.
We labeled cables & chargers and put everything away neatly.  Will have to see how long that lasts!  I went next door to Ron & Terri’s to talk about dinner plans for tomorrow and found Brian & Bev and Bob & Darlene there having a drink.  They invited us to join them so I got Terry and our drinks.  Terry had just refreshed our drinks when we mentioned that line dance lessons are tonight and someone said it was already 6:48.  We rushed home for our name badges and headed to the ballroom where we found everyone lined up to learn the first dance.
We reviewed 2 dances and then learned a new one.  Luckily Terry brought home leftovers last night so I could make a quick, light dinner when we got back.

No comments: