Friday, January 11, 2013

Jan 8th to 10th - Mesa

Jan 8th – Tues
Terry went with Ron to help him pick up a small storage unit and pavers for a pad for the storage unit.  Once they started putting it together, they decided it could sit on the corner of the concrete parking strip.  That put it almost in front of our only window on that side but the window is by our desk and the blind remains closed against the sun most of the time.  It does give me a good reason to give Ron a bad time!!  With the change in plans, Terry went with Ron again to return the pavers.
In the meantime, I caught up emails and the blog, added money to the laundry card and then did the laundry.  I had just started reading about 1:30 when Moe came over and said that Dennis & Gloria were eating lunch in the courtyard and if we wanted a table to listen to music later we better take over their table as most of the other tables were being used/saved already.  Music doesn’t start until 3 but the band was North Star who is very popular.  I had already planned for us to have lunch there so I called Terry and told him to meet me when he got back.
Food service was slow but we had time to eat before the band started.  At 2:50, Neil called to ask if he could borrow our ladder and if Terry could help for a few minutes to repair something at Julie’s.  Terry took the ladder over and there were 2 other men who could help Neil so Terry came back and just missed one song & line dance.  The band was good and we did a few line dances.  It was warm enough to take off our light jackets when we were dancing.
We chatted with Dennis & Gloria and Bruce & Ann who had sat by the pool to listen to the band and then talked briefly with another group that included Jamie & Lorraine.  We were barely finishing dinner when it was time for line dance lessons.  I didn’t want to go so Terry decided to stay home as well.

Jan 9th – Wed
We headed out on our bikes about 9:30 to deliver the rest of the invitations for dinner.  We ended up chatting with people along the way and still weren’t done at noon.  Moe was going to the courtyard for lunch so I asked him to join us for breakfast which he enjoys more than lunch.  Terry & Moe talked with neighbors until our meal was ready.
I went to Larry & Julie’s to help Darlene take down and put away Julie’s Christmas decorations.  Julie is still supposed to be resting but she had put smaller things into storage totes and Darlene had done quite a bit before I got there.  Terry came over in time to troubleshoot a string of lights that wouldn’t work and the lights ended up in the garbage anyhow.
Next it was time to head to the courtyard to listen to music, do some line dances and soak up some sun.  I had an appointment for a haircut at 4:30 but when I went the stylist was running late so I went back to the courtyard for another 20 minutes.  After my haircut, I brushed all the bits from my hair, changed my shirt and went to Moe & Trish’s where they, Terry and Dennis & Gloria were having a drink before going for dinner.
We went to dinner at Carrabba’s Italian restaurant as we enjoyed it so much the last time we went.  Trish was the designated driver of our truck again.  We had a wonderful dinner with super friends.

Jan 10th – Thurs
Terry was playing the waiting game with a mobile RV repair tech today.  Our hot water tank is leaking and may need to be replaced.  The guy won’t know for sure until he takes out the tank but he has ordered a new tank.  After a late breakfast, I went to the grocery store where I found the parking lot jammed but never did figure out why it was so busy.  After putting the groceries away, I put together a large pot of spaghetti sauce and then made an appetizer for tomorrow.
Terry & Moe went to listen to music in the courtyard but I had to tend the simmering sauce for another hour.  It was warm enough to have the door open and I heard a truck parking an RV.  The only spot left was Duane & Sue’s and sure enough they finally arrived.  I left them setting up and went to the courtyard where Terry was just about ready to leave.  We went to see Duane & Sue and invited them to come over for dinner after they were situated.   We had a lot of fun catching up, eating & drinking.

No comments: