Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Dec 30th to Jan 1st 2008 - San Carlos

Dec 30th - Sun - San Carlos
Thought I would be the only one doing laundry on Sunday morning but I was wrong - full house. The washers don’t fill with water very quickly so I had Terry pack buckets of water from a nearby tap to speed up the process. I was finished with drying when a lady who started her wash ahead of me was still on the final spin of one washing machine.
We played golf at 3:00. Bill played with Pat & I and the guys had a foursome. It was a warmer day so was very pleasant, even when the sun went down. The rest of our group joined us for happy hour when we got back and then we went our separate ways for dinner.

Dec 31st - Mon - San Carlos
Rick & Pat, Margo and we went grocery shopping at the Ley in Guaymas this morning. It was quite busy.
We had no group consensus on “appetizer dinner” or dinner out tonight so Pat asked us to share dinner with them. Of course we started with snacks at Happy Hour and then moved to their place. After dinner we came back to our rig so we could set up a table in the middle of the living room area to facilitate card playing. Rick & Pat taught us how to play Hand & Foot Canasta. Pat & I let the guys win! Had a good time.
After dessert, Pat & I walked to the road to check out any New Year’s Eve action. The park, the street and nearby businesses where all very quiet. This was at 10:20 so we thought the nightclub was not going to be open - wrong!! The music did not start until nearly midnight and went until after 6:00 am. I woke a couple of times but luckily went back to sleep fairly quickly. Someone said they expected the nightclub to slow down after the holidays - sure hope they are correct.

Jan 1st - Tues - HAPPY NEW YEAR from San Carlos
I puttered around making salsa and banana coffee cake this morning. We cannot find mild/medium salsa here so I am experimenting with making my own. I shared the coffee cake with our group and Margo asked me for tea as Dave was fishing with a neighbor. Terry was at loose ends so he rode his bicycle to town to find a Mexico map.
Bill & Geri made seafood linguine for our group of 8 and Craig & Cathy and Bill & Tammy. The rest of us provided salad, rolls and dessert. Great food but the flies sure find it quickly. We ate shortly after 3 and then sat around chatting. I started getting cool at 6:45 so headed for home.
Wifi has been sporadic at best for a few days. I managed to call Terry’s mom for a few minutes but gave up after getting dropped the second time.

No comments: