Friday, January 11, 2008

Jan 6th to 10th - San Carlos

Jan 6th - Sun - San Carlos
Golf again this afternoon. Then had Rick & Pat and Dave & Margo over for steak & prawn dinner. We watched what Rick said was the last episode of Desperate Housewives. We haven’t watched it for a long time - I think it is time for it to go as they are really reaching for story lines and some characters have become jokes.

Jan 7th - Mon - San Carlos
Laundry this morning. Most of the washers fill up very slowly so we take buckets, fill them with water at a nearby faucet and dump them in the washers for both the wash and rinse cycle. There were some other people doing laundry who didn’t know this trick so Terry ended up carrying water for them too.
We went to Baracuda Bob’s for a late breakfast with Dave & Margo and then went sightseeing on “Snob Hill”. Very narrow streets, some one-way, lovely views.
Pat made dinner for us tonight and then Pat & I showed the guys how to play Canasta.

Jan 8th - Tues - San Carlos
I have a cold now so rather than going kayaking I finally took the time to put comments on a lot of pictures and got them posted on the internet.
I was lucky enough to get to talk to Aunt Jessie this afternoon for over half an hour without getting dropped by Skype/internet. It was so nice!
Terry & I, Dave & Margo and Pat went for a long walk on the beach in the late afternoon. We had to return past the bar at the Fiesta Hotel and Dave was really thirsty so we stopped for our first happy hour drink. Had to hurry up a bit as it got cool & breezy and everyone was in shorts & Tshirts. Pat & Rick joined us for another drink in our rig before dinner.

Jan 9th - Wed - San Carlos
Went with Rick & Pat to Guaymas today. We found a new dentist and made appointments for Pat & I. We also found the office of a dermatologist but he was not there and the receptionist did not speak English so we didn’t make an appointment.
We went to lunch by the harbor and then walked around a bit and shopped before going to the Ley to pick up some groceries. Pat & I had both taken ribs out for dinner so we got together and ate.

Jan 10th - Thurs - San Carlos
I am still feeling a little puny so we had a lazy day and then played golf at 3. I actually did very well on the first 7 holes and then fell to pieces. It was another beautiful day. With the days getting longer, the sun was still up when we finished and we didn’t have to put on light jackets on the final holes.
Rick & Pat and we were going to go out for dinner but by the time we sat and had a drink and some munchies, Pat & I weren’t very hungry. So I made hamburger & noodles for dinner (sorry Rick!). Cable TV was not working again so we watched a movie. Pat & Rick had seen it and it definitely was not good enough to watch again so they left us to finish watching it.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Glenda, I am Rick's mom and he has given me your blog to read. I am really enjoying it, however, am unable to open your albums. This is what happens:
1. I click on pictures and up comes the albums
2. I double click on an album, say the last one (green house) and in the space where the pictures should be, it says "loading" but no matter how long I wait, it doesn't change or show any indivudual pictures
Any ideas for me? Many thanks,
Marie Tate