Monday, January 21, 2008

Jan 16th to 20th - San Carlos

Jan 16th - Wed - San Carlos
Caught up on my blog & did some cleaning this morning - fun stuff!
I went to a doctor here in San Carlos to have him look at a mole-type thing on my arm and a dry patch on my ear. The “mole” is totally benign and I will be using Duofilm (a mild acid like that used in Dr Scholl’s corn plasters) which should make it dry up and fall off. For my ears and another spot on my face, I have Efudix which will cause the areas to get very red and nasty looking before the fast-growing cells choke themselves with the medication and die. This is probably too much information but……
More laundry this afternoon. Pat had asked Steve to come for steak dinner as Linda is in Phoenix and I had steaks for dinner also so we did a joint dinner again. It is nice to prepare only part of the dinner each time.

Jan 17th - Thurs - San Carlos
Did some more computer stuff this morning and then wasted most of the afternoon at the dentist getting a root canal. We left early for Guaymas and stopped for a few groceries and then tried to get a parking spot - what a zoo! The dentist is across the street from a school and everyone is picking up their kids from about 1 to 3 as the different age groups get out. A dentist who just does root canals (I think) takes over the other dentist’s office on Thursdays. I had to get a prescription for an antibiotic as there was some inflammation and I guess that is nothing to mess with.
Got back just before happy hour where we enjoyed a dip/spread that I made with some more of the fresh crab meat and Pat made deep fried chicken fingers - yum! I was kind of tired from my dentist phobia so we just watched TV after dinner.

Jan 18th - Fri - San Carlos
Another day interrupted by the dentist. Pat had an appointment at 10:00 so took the bus to Guaymas. Rick had an appointment at 11:30 and I had one at 12:30. Terry & I had a lazy morning, went for breakfast at Barracuda Bob’s and then drove to Guaymas. When I walked into the dentist’s office at 12:25, Rick was still waiting! The dentist had a terrible time getting Pat’s old bridge off. Rick just needed a consultation so only took a short time and then it was my turn about 1:30. Terry was waiting in the truck so Pat told him what was happening. The dentist prepped me for a post and took an impression for a temporary crown so it took just over ½ hour, I think (don’t wear a watch any more!). Terry was across the street having a banana split so I joined him for a chocolate sundae. We stopped to look at a roadside sale and when we got back we had a note from Pat saying they had gone golfing and if we got home early enough we should join them. But it was 3:09 and too late so we went for a walk on the beach instead.
We went with Rick & Pat for dinner at a very nice place called Blackie’s. Good dinner, piano player in the bar, great company - what more can you ask for? Pat came over after to watch TV a bit and then she and Terry played Canasta while I read.

Jan 19th - San Carlos
After breakfast, Terry & I rode our bikes out to “the lot” and met Tim & Kim who are the other couple setting up an RV spot. They are here only for 4 days and then will be back at the beginning of March. Back to the rig for lunch and misc chores. Then Terry & I went golfing with Craig. Pat had another dentist appointment.
Terry & I stayed for a drink at the lot when we dropped Craig off, visited with Rick & Pat while I cooked dinner and then watched TV.

Jan 20th - San Carlos
Today was Terry’s birthday so we spent the day relaxing and eating. Started with a couple of warm, homemade blueberry muffins from Geri to enjoy with our coffee outside in the sunshine.
A bit later, Rick & Pat took us to breakfast at a place at the harbor. Very nice. We sat outside right beside the water and the weather was wonderful. Then we drove to a lookout to see if there were more vendors there. Nothing interesting.
Read, watched TV and ironed some clothes before meeting for one drink before going to dinner. Four couples from “the lots” joined us at the Fiesta. We started outside until the sun set and then moved indoors. Everyone had chateaubriand which was great. I had made a big pan of brownies so everyone returned to our place for dessert. Yes, we fit all 14 people inside as it was too cool outside. Not everyone got to sit but everyone got to eat - again!

No comments: