Monday, December 18, 2006

No Spanish required

I was more correct than I knew when I said everything with my green card gets messed up. The immigration office in Phoenix said they could not stamp my passport - that I was out of their jurisdiction with my Washington address. I told them that I had received the information from their help line and we would not have left Spokane if I had received correct information. They very grudgingly apologized for the incorrect information that I had received and totally ignored my suggestion that someone educate the help line staff.
So Mexico is out for this winter. We will be moving to Benson, AZ (near Tucson ) on Wednesday. We made a reservation for a month at a park that we picked out of the campground book and checked on the internet. Hope it is OK!!
We went to a swap meet/flea market in Phoenix on Saturday. It is held at the Greyhound racetrack parking lot and is HUGE. But it is mostly new stuff now, unlike many years ago when it was like a lot of yard sales packed in one spot. We left about ¾ of the way through after we passed the same or similar items several times in different locations.
Since we had enough excitement today with the immigration office, we tackled the laundry this afternoon. The weather has cooled off considerably with some wind and rain Saturday night so golf is not the activity of choice right now. There is a reasonably priced golf course near the RV site in Benson so we are looking forward to getting to know it rather well.

No comments: