Thursday, May 24, 2012

May 20th to 23rd - 100 Mile House

May 20th – Sun – 100 Mile
The lamb looked OK this morning and I felt a lot better when I saw him feeding.
Terry got all ambitious and decided we should put the sealer on the deck. We swept it off and Terry started putting the sealer on with a roller. Of course it didn’t coat the cracks so I had to get a brush. We barely had enough sealer to finish the deck. Before I even had everything put away from that job, Terry was starting the lawn mower. We used the weed eater and lawn mower to clean up the garden area and the “lawn” between the house and the greenhouse. Then Terry spotted some tall grass & willows by the driveway so he got the “crocodile” (wheeled weed eater) and cleaned it all up.
We got to relax in the afternoon. I took our blog from when we went to Alaska in 2007 and turned it around so it read from start to finish rather than in the “3 or 4 days upside down” format as it exists in Word. Then we printed it out so we could use it as a reference for our trip this year. It started to sprinkle about 4:30 when I went out to check the lamb so I did the chores early. We dumped out a new puzzle, turned over the pieces and made most of the edge.
When we went to our rig about 9:30, I heard a lamb baaing and the sound was not coming from the field where they were grazing. Sure enough, the lamb was in a different field. By the time I opened & closed gates to keep everyone else from getting out while I was getting the lamb in, I was cussing and had wet feet as I had just slipped on my Crocs. And in the end the silly lamb went through the watering trough rather than the gate I had opened!

May 21st – Mon
I set up the sewing machine this morning to shorten a pair of jeans, hem a T-shirt, mend a pair of shorts and shorten a towel. The weather was cold & rainy so we worked on the puzzle. Marg got home about 2. She was delayed by a flat tire on the truck. She was travelling with her friends Quille & Gail and they managed to get the tire changed.
By the time we checked out the new lamb, got everything unloaded from the truck and parked the boat, it was time to relax a bit before happy hour, chores, dinner & DWTS.

May 22nd – Tues
Marg & Rick took their pontoon boats and went fishing this morning. By the time we made sandwiches for their lunch and loaded Marg’s boat & gear, half the morning was gone. It was cloudy & cool so we stayed inside. I worked on the computer and Terry mainly worked on the puzzle.
After lunch we took Dad to town for an appointment to check his new hearing aid. We hit the grocery store, liquor store & hardware store before heading back. The clouds cleared away so Terry waxed the front of the 5th wheel and used dry wash on the truck to get rid of water marks left from washing it. I did a good cleaning in the 5th wheel after putting our purchases away.
We planned on having fish for dinner and I waited too long before deciding to start something else since Marg wasn’t home. I ended up thawing pork chops in the microwave. We would have been hungry otherwise since Marg came home with one fish and Rick threw back the one fish that he caught. We barely had time to finish the dishes before watching the finale of DWTS.

May 23rd – Wed
Marg & I organized & packed up the recyclables before we went back to our cleanup project this morning. Marg went to limb some trees but came back a short time later as she couldn’t get the small chain saw to start. She went to get it from the front of the ATV and realized it had fallen off on her drive back. She was working in the field where the sheep are grazing so I went to open a gate for her to go back and waited until she returned with the saw. The sheep were making it hard to get through a gate on your own because the pasture was grazed down. Marg then had to take time to hook up another section of electric fence and put the sheep into a different field before she could work on the saw. By the time she got the saw working, we had used the big saw to cut up an old log & cut down some scrawny trees and were ready to break for lunch.
After lunch, we took Marg to pick up her truck which she dropped off yesterday to get the tire fixed. We dropped the recyclables off first. It is great to see how much Canadians recycle. We finally got our forwarded mail so we won’t have to make a trip to town every day to check.
I had to spend time on the phone to get our new credit card activated and to get credit limits changed from our old card to the new one. Then I got on the computer to finish up dealing with the changeover.
We had quite a rainstorm about 3 so I was doubtful about going golfing. It cleared up but I had already talked myself out of going so Marg went by herself. She said it wasn’t too cold and they had just a few raindrops.

No comments: