Sunday, May 13, 2012

May 9th to 12th - 100 Mile House

May 9th – Wed – 100 Mile
It was just above freezing this morning and didn’t get too much warmer! Terry & I went for a ride on the ATV and found a field that could use the brush cutter. While Terry did that, I put air in the ATV tires, raked up leaves & branches and took a heaping wagon load to the burn pile. Dad was working on bird houses in the shop. I started stew in the crock pot for Terry& Dad’s dinner.
Just as we were sitting down for lunch, an installer arrived to put in a new internet dish & modem which he finished at 2:30. Terry made a platform to lift Dad’s recliner a couple of inches to make it easier for him to get out of the chair. Later I dumped out & turned over a new puzzle & Terry played games on the computer.
I was taking Marg’s place at golf and for a while – when it was snowing!! – thought I would not go. But Terry had already put my clubs in the truck so he talked me into going. I cut my time a little short so I rushed through the chores instead of taking time to tell Terry what to do.
It was COLD golfing. Some of the greens were pretty rough and there was one temporary green due to winter grass-kill. I did as well as can be expected with cold hands and being bundled up in multiple layers. We normally have dinner while the prizes are handed out but the restaurant wasn’t open so I made myself dinner (the guys ate all the stew!) when I got back just after 8.

May 10th – Thurs – 100 Mile
After breakfast & chores, Terry & I went to pick up Marg’s motor home which ended up with new front shocks as well as the oil change. On the way we stopped and picked up the mail and some groceries.
In the afternoon I raked leaves, cones & twigs off the lawn area between the house and greenhouse and raked up all the seeds & hulls that the birds drop out of the feeders all winter. Terry helped load junk into 2 big tubs and made 2 trips with them to the burn pile. We found 4 kittens in an unused barn so Terry euthanized them. This may sound heartless to some readers but this is farm life and Marg has too many cats now.
After dinner I made a large batch of Everyday Cookies – yummy – just what we all need!

May 11th – Fri
We had a pretty lazy day today. After I put a roast in the crock pot, I did a couple loads of laundry and a bit of cleaning while Terry did more research for our upcoming trip to Alaska.
After lunch Terry & I got hooked on the current jigsaw puzzle. I finally went out, did more raking and took 4 more tubs to the burn pile. It was plenty warm to work in short sleeves. Since I was now moving I vacuumed the front room in the basement which is the entry and gets all the dirt & hay bits.

May 12th – Sat
We went to the home/yard/RV show this morning. It wasn’t very big but the weather was warm & sunny so it was nice to be out & wandering around. We looked for some heat resistant paint at the lumber store and then went for lunch at A&W.
When we got back, Dad found a sunny spot for his lawn chair which worked well for his afternoon nap. Terry & I rode over to see neighbors Ralph & Jeanna but they weren’t home. We tried to figure out what to use for a small project in the shop which wore us out so much that I read & Terry had a nap.
When Terry woke up he thought it would be a good idea to go golfing which I had mentioned earlier. The small golf course in 100 Mile (Marmot Ridge) has a “$15 for all day” special so we ended up playing 14 holes which makes sense when you know that the 5th hole ends at the pro shop. We were both too lazy to climb the 6th & 7th holes to complete the second round!
By the time we finished & got home it was time for happy hour, chores, dinner, reading & TV. We got a fun phone call from Julie and her visitors Ron & Terri.

No comments: